Sunday, April 25, 2010

Disney Animation

I went to half priced books today because I was bored. I didnt have any intentions of getting anything, its just I enjoy looking at all the art books. So I walked in today and found a great book called Disney Animation The Illusion of Life. Its written by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston who were a part of "The Nine Old Men". Disney's Nine Old Men were the core animators at Walt Disney Productions who created some of Disney's most famous works, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs onward to The Rescuers.



I bought the book for $23.00, which is not bad considering its a 1981 first printing. They reprinted it again in 1995 but inverted the title, so it was well worth the money!



The two wrote this book in effort to pass on the techniques developed prior to the passing of Walt Disney to a younger generation of animators. It goes over the 12 basic principles of animation. It has a ton of drawings and model sheets in it. Talks about character develepment, story, sound,  animating expressions and dialouge!! And to top it all of it has a total of 561 pages of AWESOME INFORMATION!!!. So today was a good day, I found a great book.... and now im blogging about it, which means I am a huge nerd! Bottom line is, if your into animation and you see this book anywhere, but it!

No comments: